Each session is an opportunity to stretch your legs, socially engage with other participants, and will end with the opportunity to eat your lunch outdoors and continue chatting (i.e. bring it with you in a small rucksack).
No equipment needed. Just in your usual clothing, but please wear a pair of comfortable, flat-soled shoes or trainers. All sessions are open to all ages and all abilities.
You will learn about the additional benefits of using poles for "Nordic walking", and how you can access the already established Nordic walking sessions running on campus, but in these taster sessions you will not be using poles.
- However, it was very enjoyable and it was lovely to meet like-minded people.
- I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the Nordic Walking session this week and that Matt is a great guide.
- Really enjoyed the walk, it was great to meet others and get out of the office. I will be looking to give it a go after Easter as I felt that I could benefit from the exercise and the change of scenery.
- I thought the session was really good, it gave me the opportunity to get outside and away from my desk and made me feel refreshed when I returned to work. Thank you for taking your time to do this session.
- What a fantastic introduction it was. I really enjoyed. I signed up as it is something that you wouldn’t ordinarily get the opportunity to try and I wasn’t disappointed. I would certainly be interested in knowing about sessions after Easter.
- I found the taster experience really enjoyable. Instructions were clear, duration was just right and I can feel it in my arms a little that I must have had some exercise.
UCLAN Nordic Walking Group
UCLAN employs staff in a range of locations and have teamed up with Nordic Walking UK to provide simple affordable exercise classes that fit around the working day and are accessible to as many staff as possible.